Monday, September 14, 2020

One of Many Firsts - Vidhyarambham or Mudhal Ezhuthu



                             Today was the day my kid officially initiated his learning curve. This auspicious event is called Vidhyarambham (Kerala) or Mudhal Ezhuthu (Tamil Nadu). On this occasion, the dad and the kid sit in front of the Gods (usually portraits). The dad writes the phrase:

  Avignamasthu

Hari Shri Ganapathaye Namaha


                At first I had no idea how to read and write Malayalam, and difficult part is I am not allowed to write in any other language. So, I took up the challenge of writing these phrases in Malayalam. it was interesting to learn that Malayalam and Tamil had many letters in common and I had no difficulties learning this language. So what the phrase literally says is:

Salutations to Hari (Lord Vishnu), Shree (the Goddess of prosperity), and Lord Ganapathy

My son sat on my lap, I took a gold ring started writing the letters on his tongue. He didnt give any trouble because he liked it when the gold ring touched his tongue, I guess he felt tingling sensation. After writing on his tongue, we moved on to a plate filled with a layer of rice. I held his finger and started writing the letters on the plate. Overall, he enjoyed the event and I was glad he didnt make much fuss about other than biting the ring time to time.
                  I have noticed, he likes to read and learn. I believe, if we guide him to the right path and teach him values, he will transform into a genius and an outstanding person.

Until then, I AM WAITING!

No comments:

Post a Comment